Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

Valentine's is my favorite day of the year. Everyone thinks that is beyond cheesy but the fact is that my parents made Valentine's special for me since I was a little girl. My dad always bought me flowers and mom always got me adorable little gifts... friends exchanging cute cards and everyone saying how much they love each other..it's just a nice day. :) Drew always goes out of his way to make Valentine's Day special.

He woke me up Saturday morning (the day we celebrated) with breakfast in bed. When we were on our honeymoon we ate delicious french toast with coconut syrup. So he bought Hawaiian sweet bread for the french toast and made homemade coconut syrup with fresh coconut milk to re-create our favorite breakfast meal along with fresh fruit. He brought me a dozen roses and my first gifts of the day. He bought a beautiful scarf and jewelry for me and a cute purple outfit for Kalea.

We did move our kitchen cabinets to our house right after that because I thought it would be the easiest/best day to do it.

We then got ready for the day and dropped Kalea off at a friends house who was nice enough to watch her all day. We went to Massage Envy first and got a couple's massage-deep tissue...awwww.. heaven.

Afterward we went to Salt Lake City Pizza and Pasta for some yummy food. Neither of us had been there and Drew had read good review about their pizza. On our honeymoon we ate the BEST pizza we'd ever had with garlic and goat cheese etc. He saw on their online menu they had one almost identical and thought it would be fun to re-create that memory. Below is a picture of some of the food. We took a picture because to the right is hummus and artichoke dip. The humus was SO good but looked like a glob of poop when they brought it out and for some reason we found this hysterical.

When we got in the car he went and got me a couple more gifts he was hiding in the back. A box of See's candy.. my favorite..yummmm. Also these cool work out pants for running (I'm training for a relay with my work) that has a zipper in the back to hold my keys or ipod etc.

We killed about a half hour shopping at the Nordstrom Rack and then headed to our movie. We saw Valentine's Day which was very funny and cute. We had a great time and went to pick up Kalea who had a wonderful time herself and was laughing and playing with Sheri's kids all day. She was WAY tired from all the excitement. This is her once we got home..

I feel so blessed to have such a sweet husband who makes today wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good V-day! I love the pic of Kalea... she has your long eye lashes and I love the little chub roll around her wrist :) I wish we lived closer! It's been too long since I've seen you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chub rolls around her legs too.. so weird that she's so small when she's filled in quite nicely. ;) I can't wait see baby Oakley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing day. That won the best Valentine's in my book:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are so cute, I don't know what your talking about! Nick and I got a nice camera and I've done a lot of reading and I've found some awesome photo blogs that teach me a lot too! Definitely time consuming though! :)

    ReplyDelete